Breaking

]]>

Thursday 1 February 2018

New Type Questions on Idioms and Phrases -1






New Type Idioms and Phrases for SBI CLERK 2018,SBI PO 2018,IBPS Exams,SSC CGL ,SSC CHSL

Instructions (1 - 5):
In each of the following sentences, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the
alternative which best describes its use in the Sentence.
Question 1: The stunt that I recently attempted was a piece of cake.

a) The stunt that I recently attempted was enjoyable to watch
b) The stunt that I recently attempted was very challenging
c) The stunt that I recently attempted was celebrated by al I
d) The stunt that I recently attempted turned out to be a failure
e)The stunt that I recently attempted was a simple task


Question 2: The boy broke the window and took to his heels.

a) The boy broke the window and fell on his heels
b) The boy broke the window and ran away
c) The boy broke the window with his heels
d) The boy ran into the window
e)The boy broke the window and robbed a pair of heels

Question 3: I pledged myself to serve the king faithfully.

a) 1 made a mistake by promising to serve the king faith- fully
b) 1 made a fool of myself in order to serve the king
c) I boasted about serving the king faithfully
d) 1 was forcibly made to serve the king
e)I made a solemn and formal promise to serve the king faithfully

Question 4: There is a crying need for improvements to our public transport system.

a) There is an obvious need for improvements to our public transport system
b) There is a well documented need for improvements to our public transport system.
c) There is a minor need for improvements to our public transport system.
d) There is a serious need for improvements to our public transport system.
e)There is no urgency for improvements to our public transport system.

Question 5: In an old bookshop I happened to light upon a volume that belonged to my
Grandfather.
a) In an old bookshop I happened to discard a volume that belonged to my grand father.
b) In an old bookshop I happened to purchase a volume that belonged to my grandfather.
c) In an old bookshop I happened to look for a volume that belonged to my grandfather.
d) In an old bookshop 1 happened to discover by chance a volume that belonged to my
grandfather
e)In an old bookshop I happened to reveal a volume that belonged to my grandfather

Solutions:

1) Answer (E)
The stunt that I recently attempted was a simple task
2) Answer (B)
The boy broke the window and ran away
3) Answer (E)
I made a solemn and formal promise to serve the king faithfully
4) Answer (D)
There is a serious need for improvements to our public transport system.
5) Answer (D)
In an old bookshop 1 happened to discover by chance a volume that belonged to my grandfather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Comments